Are you a high school or college student who is deeply unsettled by the fact that many of your neighbors live in declining conditions?
If you’re ready to use your voice, your time, and your connections to take on this challenge headfirst, consider starting a Will County Habitat for Humanity Campus Chapter.
What is a Campus Chapter?
- Will County Habitat campus chapters are groups of classmates that are officially affiliated with Will County Habitat for Humanity and use their campus as a platform to educate and advocate for our mission.
- Campus chapters are comprised of students who recognize that it isn’t foolish or naive to believe that you can effect serious change for your community.
- They recognize that words are good, but taking action is even better.
- They recognize that, as a society, we have the resources to build a world where everyone has a decent place to live, we just need to come together to make it happen.
- They recognize that the time to build is now.
Advocate: Tell organizations, businesses and community groups about the need for safe, affordable housing and concentrated community investments in Will County.
Educate: Inform classmates, teachers, friends and family about the mission of Will County Habitat and the importance of building strength, stability and self-reliance through housing, beautification, and development projects.
Volunteer: Spend time at the build site or at the ReStore Joliet volunteering alongside fellow chapter members and future Habitat homebuyers.
Fundraise: Put your money where your mouth is by augmenting your advocacy and volunteerism through fun and creative fundraisers with fellow chapter members.
- At least one group volunteer opportunity per semester
- Year-long support from our Volunteers Team
- Access to Habitat speakers for Campus Chapter events
- Priority registration for special events
- Access to Will County Habitat’s online, easy-to-use fundraising tools
If you are interested in learning more or are ready to take the next steps, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.